Myboycharlie, already sire of a group I winner in the Southern Hemisphere, matched that feat with a member of his first European crop when 3-year-old filly Euro Charline won the Beverly D.
Even-money favorite Toormore took the lead at the start and was never headed en route to a clear win in the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds Sept. 15 at the Curragh.
Aspectoflove outlasted a stubborn Thai Haku to capture the $200,000 Cape Verdi Stakes-Sponsored by Bab Al Shams (UAE-IIT) at Meydan Race Course Jan. 20.
Favored Bushranger earned his second group I win for trainer David Wachman when he overtook Sayif approaching the final furlong en route to a 2 1/4-length triumph in the Shadwell Middle Park Stakes for 2-year-olds at Newmarket Oct. 3.
Favored Bushranger drove to the lead with 150 yards to go and defeated Gallagher by a cozy half-length in the Prix Morny (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Aug. 24.
A Danetime yearling colt topped the second and final day of the Sportsman's Sale at Goffs in Ireland on Oct. 5. The day's trading failed to stem the fall in business seen during the Sportsman's Sale this year as against 2006. The aggregate, average, median and clearance rate were all significantly down.
The Tattersalls Ireland September Yearling Sale failed for the third successive day to match up to the record figures achieved in 2006.
Myboycharlie remained undefeated with an emphatic two-length victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator