Myboycharlie, already sire of a group I winner in the Southern Hemisphere, matched that feat with a member of his first European crop when 3-year-old filly Euro Charline won the Beverly D.
Even-money favorite Toormore took the lead at the start and was never headed en route to a clear win in the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds Sept. 15 at the Curragh.
Aspectoflove outlasted a stubborn Thai Haku to capture the $200,000 Cape Verdi Stakes-Sponsored by Bab Al Shams (UAE-IIT) at Meydan Race Course Jan. 20.
Favored Bushranger earned his second group I win for trainer David Wachman when he overtook Sayif approaching the final furlong en route to a 2 1/4-length triumph in the Shadwell Middle Park Stakes for 2-year-olds at Newmarket Oct. 3.
Favored Bushranger drove to the lead with 150 yards to go and defeated Gallagher by a cozy half-length in the Prix Morny (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Aug. 24.
A Danetime yearling colt topped the second and final day of the Sportsman's Sale at Goffs in Ireland on Oct. 5. The day's trading failed to stem the fall in business seen during the Sportsman's Sale this year as against 2006. The aggregate, average, median and clearance rate were all significantly down.
The Tattersalls Ireland September Yearling Sale failed for the third successive day to match up to the record figures achieved in 2006.
Myboycharlie remained undefeated with an emphatic two-length victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes