Muhaarar picked up his third group stakes win in his past five starts and secured his first victory at the highest level when he delivered a decisive score in the $361,000 Commonwealth Cup (Eng-I) June 19.
Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum's Barbecue Eddie rallied strongly on the outside to overtake runner-up Out of Bounds in the stretch and capture the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round I (UAE-II) on Jan. 10 at Meydan.
Christopher Shankland's River Belle missed the start, but came from last to first to bull her way to a 1 1/4-length victory in the Princess Margaret Stakes (Eng-III) for 2-year-old fillies at Ascot on Saturday, her first group appearance for trainer Alan Jarvis.
Airwave romped to a three-length win in Monday's Tripleprint Temple Stakes (Eng-II) for fillies and mares at Sandown, cementing her reputation as one of the top sprinters in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial