Claiborne Farm stallion Trappe Shot got his first winner June 7 when Shoot Craps won the first race on the card at Belmont Park. Trappe Shot is a son of leading sire Tapit.
PTK's Cerro will look to keep his perfect record at Laurel Park intact in the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes, one of four stakes on the Jan. 3 program at the Maryland racetrack.
The $100,000 Jim McKay Turf Sprint was moved to the main track after heavy rain in Baltimore, but it made little difference to Ben's Cat, who won the event for the third time in four years May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Apprentice rider Sarah Rook returned a winner after an absence of three months as Pimlico Race Course opened its spring meet March 30.
The 12-week Laurel Park winter meeting ended March 24 with Sheldon Russell and Dane Kobiskie winning individual titles. The 48-day stand began at the central Maryland track on Jan. 4.
Sheldon Russell and Dane Kobiskie wrapped up year-end titles in the jockey and trainer divisions, respectively at the major Maryland tracks after the Dec. 17 final card of the season at Laurel Park.
The 82nd running of the Selima Stakes for 2-year old fillies at Laurel Park Oct. 15 was the feature attraction as the track celebrated its centennial.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga