PTK's Cerro will look to keep his perfect record at Laurel Park intact in the $100,000 Native Dancer Stakes, one of four stakes on the Jan. 3 program at the Maryland racetrack.
The $100,000 Jim McKay Turf Sprint was moved to the main track after heavy rain in Baltimore, but it made little difference to Ben's Cat, who won the event for the third time in four years May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Apprentice rider Sarah Rook returned a winner after an absence of three months as Pimlico Race Course opened its spring meet March 30.
The 12-week Laurel Park winter meeting ended March 24 with Sheldon Russell and Dane Kobiskie winning individual titles. The 48-day stand began at the central Maryland track on Jan. 4.
Sheldon Russell and Dane Kobiskie wrapped up year-end titles in the jockey and trainer divisions, respectively at the major Maryland tracks after the Dec. 17 final card of the season at Laurel Park.
The 82nd running of the Selima Stakes for 2-year old fillies at Laurel Park Oct. 15 was the feature attraction as the track celebrated its centennial.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year