Dancing Forever, one of the leading turf runners of 2008, has been sold to stand at stud at Nirmal Ruia's Hazara Stud near New Delhi, India.
Barbaro's injury in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) was similar to the one experienced by Dancinginmydreams while racing.
Ogden Phipps' Dancinginmydreams, who broke down approaching the stretch during Saturday's Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, is recovering following extensive surgery on her broken right leg Saturday night at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.
Raging Fever sat just off the early pace and rallied to win the $500,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Belmont Park. Betting favorite Dancinginmydreams, who finished a fast-closing second to Raging Fever in the Matron Stakes (gr. I), was pulled up by jockey Pat Day when making a wide run out of the turn and was vanned off the track.
Continued from part 1
Edward Evans' 2-year-old filly Raging Fever remained undefeated as she held off the late charge of Dancinginmydreams to win the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. I) by a head Sunday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Kentucky Derby Wrap