Dancing Forever, one of the leading turf runners of 2008, has been sold to stand at stud at Nirmal Ruia's Hazara Stud near New Delhi, India.
Barbaro's injury in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) was similar to the one experienced by Dancinginmydreams while racing.
Ogden Phipps' Dancinginmydreams, who broke down approaching the stretch during Saturday's Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, is recovering following extensive surgery on her broken right leg Saturday night at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.
Raging Fever sat just off the early pace and rallied to win the $500,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Belmont Park. Betting favorite Dancinginmydreams, who finished a fast-closing second to Raging Fever in the Matron Stakes (gr. I), was pulled up by jockey Pat Day when making a wide run out of the turn and was vanned off the track.
Continued from part 1
Edward Evans' 2-year-old filly Raging Fever remained undefeated as she held off the late charge of Dancinginmydreams to win the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. I) by a head Sunday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement