Godolphin's Dancing House put away not one but two favorites at separate points to win her first stakes in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 13 at Laurel Park.
Lady Sheila Stable's multiple graded stakes winner La Verdad turned the $100,000 Interborough Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack into a cakewalk Jan. 9, and will have another start before being bred to Medaglia d'Oro.
On the same day she was named a 2015 Eclipse Award finalist in the Filly and Mare Sprint Division, Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad was entered in the Interborough Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack for her first start of 2016.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Making her first start in the United States, French import Testa Rossi came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose over Sky Painter Oct. 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
Somewhere in the 12-horse field of the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) one would think there is a budding turf star who will have a major impact on the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT).
Sweet Reason confirmed her love for sloppy going when the recent maiden winner splashed away to an easy victory in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation