Winning jockey Zac Purton's post-race exclamation, "Phenomenal!" perfectly summed up Military Attack's dominant win in the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sin-I) May 19 at Kranji Racecourse.
Bering, a French classic winner who finished second to Dancing Brave in the 1986 Trusthouse Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, was euthanized Dec. 16 at the Head family's Haras du Quesnay near Normandy, France.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Son of a Brazilian-bred stallion and a German mare, Animal Kingdom has perhaps the most international pedigree of any Kentucky Derby winner in history.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Four European-based invaders will face five American-based Thoroughbreds in the 20th running of the Arlington Million (gr. I) at Arlington Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course