The official winner of the 1968 Kentucky Derby never wore the blanket of roses. He never stood in the winner’s circle to have his photo taken for posterity.
Peter Fuller, the New England car dealer best known for owning 1968 disqualified Kentucky Derby winner Dancer's Image, died May 14 after a lengthy illness.
Runnymede Farm, the New Hampshire nursery founded by prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner Peter Fuller, has new owners, according to Seacoastonline.com.
April 6, 1968
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity