Harlequin Ranches' Gold Strike has been established as the 9-5 morning line favorite over nine Canadian-bred 3-year-old filly rivals for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks.
Jockey Javier Castellano will ride Ready and Alluring in Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the premier event for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine. Ready and Alluring could face as many as 10 challengers in the 1 1/8-mile race.
South Bay Cove, from the first crop of 2000 Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus, crushed a small field in Saturday's $160,350 Shady Well Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Outplay Outclasses Competition in Curlin Stakes
- Bidding on Belmont Land Allowed; NHL Team Interested
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Monmouth's Big Day
- Litfin at Large: Big 3-Year-Old Races This Weekend
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Miss Temple City Set for U.S. Return in Matchmaker
- Queen's Plate Winner Holy Helena Aiming for Alabama
- Terra Promessa, Paid Up Subscriber Face Off in Shuvee
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory