Canadian grade II winner Dance With Ravens sired his first winner when his son Old Line State won May 23 at Penn National.
Dance With Ravens, a Sovereign Award finalist from the family of prominent sire Smart Strike, has been retired from racing and will stand at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, Md.
Dance With Ravens, the favorite in the Queen's Plate Stakes June 26 at Woodbine, will undergo surgery for the removal of a chip on his right front ankle.
Wild Desert gave jockey Patrick Valenzuela and stand-in trainer Bobby Frankel their first victory in the $1 million Queen's Plate, the first leg of the Triple Crown for 3-year-old Canadian-breds at Woodbine Sunday.
Dance With Ravens and Gold Strike head a field of 10 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds in Sunday's $1 million Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
Castletop Stable's Three in the Bag was awarded victory in Sunday's $164,300 Plate Trial Stakes for 3-year-olds at Woodbine after the apparent winner, Dance with Ravens, was disqualified.
Sam-Son Farm's Dance With Ravens and West Point Thoroughbreds' Get Down top a select field of seven for Sunday's $163,500 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine, as the countdown to the 146th Queen's Plate June 26 kicks into high gear.
Sam-Son Farm's Dance With Ravens, a 2-year-old son of A.P. Indy out of Canadian Horse of the Year Dance Smartly, broke his maiden in impressive fashion Monday when he took the inside track to win the Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Favored Dubleo, trained by Todd Pletcher, scored a front-running victory in the $277,750 Summer Stakes (Can-II) for 2-year-olds Sunday on the Woodbine turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Frame
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Grand Tito Takes Off-the-Turf Miami Mile
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland