Stakes winner Dance Quietly, a 3-year-old daughter of A.P. Indy and a half sister to champion Saint Liam (by Saint Ballado), brought $2 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
As the breeder/co-breeder of Minstrella, Misty Gallore, Silver Ghost, and Saint Liam, Edward P. Evans contributed greatly to the preservation and advancement of Gallorette's family.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis