Stakes winner Dance Quietly, a 3-year-old daughter of A.P. Indy and a half sister to champion Saint Liam (by Saint Ballado), brought $2 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
As the breeder/co-breeder of Minstrella, Misty Gallore, Silver Ghost, and Saint Liam, Edward P. Evans contributed greatly to the preservation and advancement of Gallorette's family.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland