Stakes winner Dance Quietly, a 3-year-old daughter of A.P. Indy and a half sister to champion Saint Liam (by Saint Ballado), brought $2 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
As the breeder/co-breeder of Minstrella, Misty Gallore, Silver Ghost, and Saint Liam, Edward P. Evans contributed greatly to the preservation and advancement of Gallorette's family.
Most Popular Stories
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?