Stakes winner Dance Quietly, a 3-year-old daughter of A.P. Indy and a half sister to champion Saint Liam (by Saint Ballado), brought $2 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
As the breeder/co-breeder of Minstrella, Misty Gallore, Silver Ghost, and Saint Liam, Edward P. Evans contributed greatly to the preservation and advancement of Gallorette's family.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Son of Lethal Force Tops Tattersalls Day 2
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move