Stakes winner Dance Quietly, a 3-year-old daughter of A.P. Indy and a half sister to champion Saint Liam (by Saint Ballado), brought $2 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Strike the Moon, who just missed winning the Delaware Oaks (gr. II) last month, heads a field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. I) Aug. 13 at Monmouth Park.
St. John's River may not have a stakes win under her belt like the majority of her rivals in the July 9 Delaware Oaks (gr. II), but considering her recent hard trying efforts, she appears ready for a major triumph.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
As the breeder/co-breeder of Minstrella, Misty Gallore, Silver Ghost, and Saint Liam, Edward P. Evans contributed greatly to the preservation and advancement of Gallorette's family.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot