There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
A Redoute's Choice weanling sold for Aust$1,150,000 (U.S. $943,000) Wednesday during the opening session of the Magic Millions National Weanling Sale Wednesday.
Victoria Derby Day at Flemington boasts no less than five grade I events and three of the four Derby support races fell to offspring of Danehill sons Nov. 4.
Vinery stallion Red Ransom gained a fine start to the new Australian season with the stunning if narrow victory of his southern marquee son, Charge Forward, in the San Domenico (Aust-II) at Randwick Aug. 7.
Dance Hero (Danzero -- Gypsy Dancer), the wonder juvenile of last season, fresh from his Australian champion 2-year-old award Aug. 4 and Aug. 5 champion New South Wales title, steps out Saturday for his first racing assignment as a 3-year-old.
Retired Australian great Lonhro collected more than 94% of the possible votes to be named the continent's Horse of the year Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale