There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
A Redoute's Choice weanling sold for Aust$1,150,000 (U.S. $943,000) Wednesday during the opening session of the Magic Millions National Weanling Sale Wednesday.
Victoria Derby Day at Flemington boasts no less than five grade I events and three of the four Derby support races fell to offspring of Danehill sons Nov. 4.
Vinery stallion Red Ransom gained a fine start to the new Australian season with the stunning if narrow victory of his southern marquee son, Charge Forward, in the San Domenico (Aust-II) at Randwick Aug. 7.
Dance Hero (Danzero -- Gypsy Dancer), the wonder juvenile of last season, fresh from his Australian champion 2-year-old award Aug. 4 and Aug. 5 champion New South Wales title, steps out Saturday for his first racing assignment as a 3-year-old.
Retired Australian great Lonhro collected more than 94% of the possible votes to be named the continent's Horse of the year Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity