Marguerite Finney Dance, former senior editor of The Maryland Horse and its sister publication, Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred, died June 24 following a lengthy illness.
Jeanne Vance, who campaigned 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Lemon Drop Kid with her late husband, Fasig-Tipton auctioneer Milton "Laddie" Dance, died Dec. 14 at her Manalapan, Fla., home.
Milton J. "Laddie" Dance, who raced champion and millionaire Lemon Drop Kid with wife Jeanne Vance, died Nov. 28
A handful of folks accustomed to making headlines in the Keeneland sales pavilion joined a group of horse-owning neophytes Saturday evening at the Horse Mania auction. The event began June 29 in Lexington with 79 fiberglass horses-turned-art set out around town. The culmination of Horse Mania, sponsored by Lexington's Arts and Cultural Council, took place Dec. 2 when 78 members of the herd brought $757,600 at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm
- 4 Kentucky Derby Contenders to Watch