Marguerite Finney Dance, former senior editor of The Maryland Horse and its sister publication, Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred, died June 24 following a lengthy illness.
Jeanne Vance, who campaigned 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Lemon Drop Kid with her late husband, Fasig-Tipton auctioneer Milton "Laddie" Dance, died Dec. 14 at her Manalapan, Fla., home.
Milton J. "Laddie" Dance, who raced champion and millionaire Lemon Drop Kid with wife Jeanne Vance, died Nov. 28
A handful of folks accustomed to making headlines in the Keeneland sales pavilion joined a group of horse-owning neophytes Saturday evening at the Horse Mania auction. The event began June 29 in Lexington with 79 fiberglass horses-turned-art set out around town. The culmination of Horse Mania, sponsored by Lexington's Arts and Cultural Council, took place Dec. 2 when 78 members of the herd brought $757,600 at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Tops Fall City Handicap
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position