Marguerite Finney Dance, former senior editor of The Maryland Horse and its sister publication, Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred, died June 24 following a lengthy illness.
Jeanne Vance, who campaigned 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Lemon Drop Kid with her late husband, Fasig-Tipton auctioneer Milton "Laddie" Dance, died Dec. 14 at her Manalapan, Fla., home.
Milton J. "Laddie" Dance, who raced champion and millionaire Lemon Drop Kid with wife Jeanne Vance, died Nov. 28
A handful of folks accustomed to making headlines in the Keeneland sales pavilion joined a group of horse-owning neophytes Saturday evening at the Horse Mania auction. The event began June 29 in Lexington with 79 fiberglass horses-turned-art set out around town. The culmination of Horse Mania, sponsored by Lexington's Arts and Cultural Council, took place Dec. 2 when 78 members of the herd brought $757,600 at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale