Charging on the outside of the Penn National Race Course, 34-1 shot Kyma registered his first stakes victory in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup on the turf July 28.
More than 18 months on the sidelines hasn't dulled the brilliant speed of Tea Party Stable's Fabulous Strike. He made a successful return to competition April 9.
Jockey Dana Whitney won the 3,000th race of his career when he guided favored Phor Philippe to a three-quarters length victory in the fifth race at Penn National Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge