After a summer hiatus, the Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club resumed their monthly meetings Oct. 5 at the Embassy Suites in Lexington and announced that the late Dan Mallory had been named farm manager of the year.
An educational fund for Dustin Mallory has been established with more than $10,000 pledged by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club and the Florida Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club. Dustin is the 8-year-old son of Dan Mallory, the Bourbon County horseman who perished in the Aug. 27 crash of Comair Flight 5191 in Lexington.
By Jim Cullen - I first met Dan Mallory through an associate at work. I was a staff writer for an industry trade publication and wanted to breed a mare to a freshman stallion I thought would be popular. The only problem was I didn't own a mare.
A memorial service has been scheduled for Dan Mallory who was among the 49 passengers who perished in the crash of Comair flight 5191 at Blue Grass Airport Aug. 27.
The 2006 Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer yearling sale is scheduled to kick off its two-day run Monday and sales company officials are optimistic about positive returns.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76