After a summer hiatus, the Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club resumed their monthly meetings Oct. 5 at the Embassy Suites in Lexington and announced that the late Dan Mallory had been named farm manager of the year.
An educational fund for Dustin Mallory has been established with more than $10,000 pledged by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club and the Florida Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club. Dustin is the 8-year-old son of Dan Mallory, the Bourbon County horseman who perished in the Aug. 27 crash of Comair Flight 5191 in Lexington.
By Jim Cullen - I first met Dan Mallory through an associate at work. I was a staff writer for an industry trade publication and wanted to breed a mare to a freshman stallion I thought would be popular. The only problem was I didn't own a mare.
A memorial service has been scheduled for Dan Mallory who was among the 49 passengers who perished in the crash of Comair flight 5191 at Blue Grass Airport Aug. 27.
The 2006 Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer yearling sale is scheduled to kick off its two-day run Monday and sales company officials are optimistic about positive returns.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic