After a summer hiatus, the Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club resumed their monthly meetings Oct. 5 at the Embassy Suites in Lexington and announced that the late Dan Mallory had been named farm manager of the year.
An educational fund for Dustin Mallory has been established with more than $10,000 pledged by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club and the Florida Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club. Dustin is the 8-year-old son of Dan Mallory, the Bourbon County horseman who perished in the Aug. 27 crash of Comair Flight 5191 in Lexington.
By Jim Cullen - I first met Dan Mallory through an associate at work. I was a staff writer for an industry trade publication and wanted to breed a mare to a freshman stallion I thought would be popular. The only problem was I didn't own a mare.
A memorial service has been scheduled for Dan Mallory who was among the 49 passengers who perished in the crash of Comair flight 5191 at Blue Grass Airport Aug. 27.
The 2006 Fasig-Tipton Texas Summer yearling sale is scheduled to kick off its two-day run Monday and sales company officials are optimistic about positive returns.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online