The Turf Publicists of America has elected a new president, four regional vice presidents, and a secretary-treasurer to serve the organization in 2009, it was announced Dec. 9 at the TPA's Mark Kaufman Workshop at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Dan Leary has been named director of communications for Lone Star Park in Texas. Leary has nearly three decades of sports public relations experience, including 14 years in the Thoroughbred racing industry at six different racetracks.
By winning the first two legs of the inaugural Grand Slam of Grass, English Channel has instantaneously brought to life a demanding turf series that many thought far-fetched when it was first announced. The bonus series guarantees a $5 million payout to the exceptional horse that can sweep the four races.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack