The Turf Publicists of America has elected a new president, four regional vice presidents, and a secretary-treasurer to serve the organization in 2009, it was announced Dec. 9 at the TPA's Mark Kaufman Workshop at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Dan Leary has been named director of communications for Lone Star Park in Texas. Leary has nearly three decades of sports public relations experience, including 14 years in the Thoroughbred racing industry at six different racetracks.
By winning the first two legs of the inaugural Grand Slam of Grass, English Channel has instantaneously brought to life a demanding turf series that many thought far-fetched when it was first announced. The bonus series guarantees a $5 million payout to the exceptional horse that can sweep the four races.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny