The Turf Publicists of America has elected a new president, four regional vice presidents, and a secretary-treasurer to serve the organization in 2009, it was announced Dec. 9 at the TPA's Mark Kaufman Workshop at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Dan Leary has been named director of communications for Lone Star Park in Texas. Leary has nearly three decades of sports public relations experience, including 14 years in the Thoroughbred racing industry at six different racetracks.
By winning the first two legs of the inaugural Grand Slam of Grass, English Channel has instantaneously brought to life a demanding turf series that many thought far-fetched when it was first announced. The bonus series guarantees a $5 million payout to the exceptional horse that can sweep the four races.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6