Richard and Karen Papiese's Midwest Thoroughbreds surpassed a 38-year-old single-season record for victories by an owner this month with 501 winners from 1,706 starters in 2012. The old record was 494 wins.
Michael Gill, currently the nation's leading owner in both money and races won, said during an HRTV interview Thursday that he intends to have a presence again in California in the near future.
A report released Thursday by the federal House Committee on Government Reform details a scheme by former Calumet Farms president J. T. Lundy to secretly share profits from a Venezuelan coal deal with President Clinton's half-brother in an effort to secure a pardon.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David