Richard and Karen Papiese's Midwest Thoroughbreds surpassed a 38-year-old single-season record for victories by an owner this month with 501 winners from 1,706 starters in 2012. The old record was 494 wins.
Michael Gill, currently the nation's leading owner in both money and races won, said during an HRTV interview Thursday that he intends to have a presence again in California in the near future.
A report released Thursday by the federal House Committee on Government Reform details a scheme by former Calumet Farms president J. T. Lundy to secretly share profits from a Venezuelan coal deal with President Clinton's half-brother in an effort to secure a pardon.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- Twilight Eclipse Seeks GI Double in Manhattan
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Turf Sprinters Line Up for Loaded Jaipur
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Effinex Targets Brooklyn for Jerkens
- Champion Untapable Formidable in Ogden Phipps
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Acorn Stakes Field Deep and Wide