Richard and Karen Papiese's Midwest Thoroughbreds surpassed a 38-year-old single-season record for victories by an owner this month with 501 winners from 1,706 starters in 2012. The old record was 494 wins.
Michael Gill, currently the nation's leading owner in both money and races won, said during an HRTV interview Thursday that he intends to have a presence again in California in the near future.
A report released Thursday by the federal House Committee on Government Reform details a scheme by former Calumet Farms president J. T. Lundy to secretly share profits from a Venezuelan coal deal with President Clinton's half-brother in an effort to secure a pardon.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss