The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau has secured widespread support for its new Tote Security System it will launch next month with plans for full implementation early next year.
Klassy Briefcase, a record-setting sprinter and broodmare, died Sept.18 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky. The daughter of Medieval Man out of the Pruner mare Leather Gallery was 28.
Thoroughbred horsemen plan to meet with Betfair officials Dec. 7 to ensure they are party to contracts the Great Britain-based company is signing with United States racetracks for their content.
Equine Spectrum, an online auction company that is owned in part by Keeneland, is diversifying its operations.
Equine Spectrum, the online Thoroughbred auction company based in Central Kentucky, has a new executive director, Dan Kelliher, and plans to conduct up to five sales this year. The first will be an auction of stallion seasons that is scheduled for Feb. 6. Another sale will be held in April that will feature horses and stallion interests with connections to Triple Crown contenders. Additional auctions in 2002 will include one with tie-ins to the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap