The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau has secured widespread support for its new Tote Security System it will launch next month with plans for full implementation early next year.
Klassy Briefcase, a record-setting sprinter and broodmare, died Sept.18 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky. The daughter of Medieval Man out of the Pruner mare Leather Gallery was 28.
Thoroughbred horsemen plan to meet with Betfair officials Dec. 7 to ensure they are party to contracts the Great Britain-based company is signing with United States racetracks for their content.
Equine Spectrum, an online auction company that is owned in part by Keeneland, is diversifying its operations.
Equine Spectrum, the online Thoroughbred auction company based in Central Kentucky, has a new executive director, Dan Kelliher, and plans to conduct up to five sales this year. The first will be an auction of stallion seasons that is scheduled for Feb. 6. Another sale will be held in April that will feature horses and stallion interests with connections to Triple Crown contenders. Additional auctions in 2002 will include one with tie-ins to the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work