Media outlets in Cincinnati and Las Vegas report that Caesars Entertainment on Feb. 26 sold off enough of its interest in Turfway Park to Dan Gilbert's Rock Ohio Ventures to make Rock Ohio the majority owner of the track.
The Ohio Supreme Court unanimously ruled April 30 it's not illegal for Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner to try to determine the parties behind an organization that challenged a 2009 directive on racetrack gaming.
Ohio voters Nov. 3 approved casinos on the fifth try by gambling supporters in the past two decades, and Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear immediately issued a statement saying Kentucky must respond.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose