Media outlets in Cincinnati and Las Vegas report that Caesars Entertainment on Feb. 26 sold off enough of its interest in Turfway Park to Dan Gilbert's Rock Ohio Ventures to make Rock Ohio the majority owner of the track.
The Ohio Supreme Court unanimously ruled April 30 it's not illegal for Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner to try to determine the parties behind an organization that challenged a 2009 directive on racetrack gaming.
Ohio voters Nov. 3 approved casinos on the fifth try by gambling supporters in the past two decades, and Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear immediately issued a statement saying Kentucky must respond.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita