Asked to go 12 furlongs for the first time in his career, Tap It Light answered the call in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 27.
St Trinians will attempt to become the first female to win the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 6. Trainer Mike Mitchell likes her chances in the $750,000 fixture presented this year by San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino.
St Trinians, impressive winner of the Santa Maria Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 13, is expected to tackle males in the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) on March 6 instead of running against female champion Zenyatta a week later
St Trinians recorded her fourth victory in succession since arriving in the United States and soundly defeated Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner Life Is Sweet in the $250,000 Santa Maria Handicap Feb. 13.
Dixie Chatter and Kilderry each won divisions of the Oceanside Stakes at Del Mar July 16 as the popular summer meet began.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Arapahoe Park Lifts EIA Quarantine
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation