Meet from July 2-Sept. 5 will provide Kentucky with a summer 2-year-old stakes.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance announced Sept. 29 that Ellis Park and Turfway Park in Kentucky have both signed on to match contributions made by owners at each track.
Dan Bork, who has served as racing secretary at Gulfstream Park for the past four years, will leave at the conclusion of the meet. Jeffrey Noe, who has been an assistant racing secretary at Calder, will replace him.
The nomination deadline for the Claiming Crown at Gulfstream Park is Nov. 9. This year's event, which will feature seven races worth a total of $850,000, is scheduled for Dec. 1, opening day of the Gulfstream 2012-13 meet.
There are 276 trainers eligible to nominate horses to the Dec. 1 Claiming Crown at Gulfstream Park, officials said Sept. 13.
The deadline for trainers to register for this year's Claiming Crown is Aug. 31, Gulfstream Park officials said.
A new nomination process for the 2012 Claiming Crown has been put in place by Claiming Crown Limited.
Gulfstream Park will have more money coming from slot machines and poker for purses, more betting stations, and a larger betting menu for the 2011 meet that will also feature the installation of lights.
There will be slight modifications this year to the Fountain of Youth (gr. II) and Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), two preps for the Florida Derby (gr. I) that will be run March 27 at Gulfstream Park.
Gulfstream Park announced Aug. 19 that Dan Bork will serve as racing secretary during the 2010 meet.
Keeneland Association announced Tuesday that Ben Huffman has been appointed racing secretary.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications