Giant Moon kept his undefeated record intact by winning the $81,525 Count Fleet Stakes by a neck over Spanky Fischbein at Aqueduct Jan. 5.
The undefeated Giant Moon will try to keep his winning streak alive when he makes his open stakes debut in the $75,000 Count Fleet at Aqueduct Jan. 5.
Favorite Giant Moon kept his unbeaten streak intact as he dug in to hold off a fast-closing Spanky Fischbein to post a 1 3/4-length tally in the $75,000 Damon Runyon Stakes, for two-year-olds, at Aqueduct on Dec. 8, virtually clinching divisional honors as champion New York-bred two-year-old colt of 2007.
Favored West Virginia took the lead after a half-mile, then held of the stubborn Salty Character by a neck to win Wednesday's $83,675 Damon Runyon for 2-year-old New York breds at 1 1/16 mile on Aqueduct's sloppy inner track.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident