Giant Moon kept his undefeated record intact by winning the $81,525 Count Fleet Stakes by a neck over Spanky Fischbein at Aqueduct Jan. 5.
The undefeated Giant Moon will try to keep his winning streak alive when he makes his open stakes debut in the $75,000 Count Fleet at Aqueduct Jan. 5.
Favorite Giant Moon kept his unbeaten streak intact as he dug in to hold off a fast-closing Spanky Fischbein to post a 1 3/4-length tally in the $75,000 Damon Runyon Stakes, for two-year-olds, at Aqueduct on Dec. 8, virtually clinching divisional honors as champion New York-bred two-year-old colt of 2007.
Favored West Virginia took the lead after a half-mile, then held of the stubborn Salty Character by a neck to win Wednesday's $83,675 Damon Runyon for 2-year-old New York breds at 1 1/16 mile on Aqueduct's sloppy inner track.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby