Gary Tanaka's odds-on choice Embossed overtook the leaders in deep stretch and drew away for a three-quarters of a length win in the $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a soft Lone Star Park grass course Monday.
Regional stakes star Silent Pleasure, who beat Bob and John by a neck in last month's Texas Mile (gr. III) for his fourth consecutive stakes win, will return to Texas for Monday's $400,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) -- the marquee event during the Grand Prairie, Texas track's ninth annual Lone Star Million.
Southern California invader New Export, a 5-year-old Brazilian-bred from the barn of trainer Bobby Frankel, is the 4-5 morning line favorite in a six-horse field for Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25