Stallion deals are often more about relationships than money.
Lone Star Park announced May 10 that it will cut overnight purses by 6% effective May 22, not run one stakes and cut the purse for three other stakes.
Madeleine Paulson, widow of legendary horse breeder and owner Allen Paulson, is planning to marry Texas energy magnate T. Boone Pickens in the next couple of weeks.
NBC's coverage of the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Oct. 30 from Lone Star Park drew a smaller television audience than the 2003 telecast from Santa Anita Park, according to overnight ratings.
"FanFest" is well underway in Grand Prairie, Texas as race fans gear up for the sold-out Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship Oct. 30. FanFest, presented by the Grand Prairie Breeders' Cup Committee and sanctioned by the Breeders' Cup, is a month-long event featuring celebrity appearances, musical performances, sporting events, and charity auctions surrounding daily racing at Lone Star Park.
Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Thursday that it had successfully completed the acquisition of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races