Elite Racing and Nuphri Fornaro's 3-year-old filly Formal Miss was a convincing winner of the $75,000 Judy's Red Shoes Stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday, defeating Dakota Light by 3 ¾ lengths.
When last they met last fall, J D Farm's Dakota Light was no match for Gilbert Campbell's Ivanavinalot, but the gap may have closed between them since then. The pair clash again in Saturday's $100,000 Office Queen Stakes at Calder Race Course.
Dakota Light returned to running two turns in Saturday's $100,000 Three Ring Stakes at Calder, contested at a mile and a sixteenth, and the filly celebrated with her first stakes victory.
Living up her to name and billing, Ivanavinalot made another race look easy as she took the early lead and coasted home for the 13 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
In an impressive gate to wire performance, Ivanavinalot won Saturday's $100,000 Brave Raj Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes