Elite Racing and Nuphri Fornaro's 3-year-old filly Formal Miss was a convincing winner of the $75,000 Judy's Red Shoes Stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday, defeating Dakota Light by 3 ¾ lengths.
When last they met last fall, J D Farm's Dakota Light was no match for Gilbert Campbell's Ivanavinalot, but the gap may have closed between them since then. The pair clash again in Saturday's $100,000 Office Queen Stakes at Calder Race Course.
Dakota Light returned to running two turns in Saturday's $100,000 Three Ring Stakes at Calder, contested at a mile and a sixteenth, and the filly celebrated with her first stakes victory.
Living up her to name and billing, Ivanavinalot made another race look easy as she took the early lead and coasted home for the 13 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes.
In an impressive gate to wire performance, Ivanavinalot won Saturday's $100,000 Brave Raj Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies