When Keeneland kicks off its breeding stock sale Nov. 8, buyers will have an opportunity to purchase some of the rich bloodlines from the prominent Phipps Stable that has been among the leading breeding and racing entities in for decades.
Dinny Phipps had a personal commitment to the horse and the sport. read blog
A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame announced Oct. 10 the addition of Richard W. Palmer, Daisy Phipps Pulito, and Beverly R. Steinman to its board of trustees.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Trainer Shug McGaughey looked mighty satisfied after Orb blazed four furlongs over the Churchill Downs strip in :47 4/5 April 29 in the colt's final piece of work before the May 4 Run for the Roses.
Ogden Mills (Dinny) Phipps, patriarch of one of North America's most distinguished Thoroughbred racing families, announced Sept. 9 that Phipps Stable will offer a select number of its mares during Keeneland's November sale.
Headley Bell, Jon S. Kelly, Jerry Moss, and Daisy Phipps Pulito have been elected as members of The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season