When Keeneland kicks off its breeding stock sale Nov. 8, buyers will have an opportunity to purchase some of the rich bloodlines from the prominent Phipps Stable that has been among the leading breeding and racing entities in for decades.
Dinny Phipps had a personal commitment to the horse and the sport. read blog
A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame announced Oct. 10 the addition of Richard W. Palmer, Daisy Phipps Pulito, and Beverly R. Steinman to its board of trustees.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Trainer Shug McGaughey looked mighty satisfied after Orb blazed four furlongs over the Churchill Downs strip in :47 4/5 April 29 in the colt's final piece of work before the May 4 Run for the Roses.
Ogden Mills (Dinny) Phipps, patriarch of one of North America's most distinguished Thoroughbred racing families, announced Sept. 9 that Phipps Stable will offer a select number of its mares during Keeneland's November sale.
Headley Bell, Jon S. Kelly, Jerry Moss, and Daisy Phipps Pulito have been elected as members of The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus