A computer glitch linked to United Tote resulted in more than $100,000 in bogus wagers pouring into a daily double pool in late April at Plainridge Park, a Massachusetts Standardbred track.
Santa Anita Park, with the approval of the Thoroughbred Owners of California, will reduce the takeout on its Daily Double wager to 18% during the upcoming season, and will offer the bet three times daily.
Oaks/Derby daily double players make Big Brown favorite in Saturday's Derby.
Based on the Kentucky Oaks/Kentucky Derby daily double, Tapit is the favorite in Saturday's Derby. The gimmick with Oaks winner Ashado and Tapit would pay $42.80.
Because the Pimlico Special (gr. I) has been moved this year to the day prior to the Preakness (gr. I), a Daily Double will be offered on the two races.
Santa Anita Park has added two new wagers to its exotic betting menu and becomes one of a growing number of tracks to offer a pick four wager. Beginning Wednesday, the track will offer a daily $1 pick four and $2 rolling daily doubles.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen