A computer glitch linked to United Tote resulted in more than $100,000 in bogus wagers pouring into a daily double pool in late April at Plainridge Park, a Massachusetts Standardbred track.
Santa Anita Park, with the approval of the Thoroughbred Owners of California, will reduce the takeout on its Daily Double wager to 18% during the upcoming season, and will offer the bet three times daily.
Oaks/Derby daily double players make Big Brown favorite in Saturday's Derby.
Based on the Kentucky Oaks/Kentucky Derby daily double, Tapit is the favorite in Saturday's Derby. The gimmick with Oaks winner Ashado and Tapit would pay $42.80.
Because the Pimlico Special (gr. I) has been moved this year to the day prior to the Preakness (gr. I), a Daily Double will be offered on the two races.
Santa Anita Park has added two new wagers to its exotic betting menu and becomes one of a growing number of tracks to offer a pick four wager. Beginning Wednesday, the track will offer a daily $1 pick four and $2 rolling daily doubles.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1