A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction