A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico