A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North