A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes