A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic