A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- California Chrome Will Skip Lockinge Stakes
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Able Friend One to Beat in Champions Mile
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart