A Big Brown -- Cool Ghoul colt that was the most expensive 2-year-old in training sold this year at public auction has been named Darwin.
A duo of juveniles who fetched high prices in the sale ring have garnered particular interest in the July 24 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, where both are looking to prove they are worthy of such expensive investments.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift