Mike Fox, the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes winner for breeder/owner D. Morgan Firestone, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Firestone Farms near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
D. Morgan Firestone, who won the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine with homebred Mike Fox, died Jan. 13 at his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Emma-Jayne Wilson became the first female jockey to win the Queen's Plate in 148 editions when she guided 15-1 shot Mike Fox to a late-running half-length victory in the first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Thinking Out Loud, under Todd Kabel, held off a determined Pyramid Park in Thursday's $251,970 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2006 Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout