Mike Fox, the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes winner for breeder/owner D. Morgan Firestone, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Firestone Farms near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
D. Morgan Firestone, who won the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine with homebred Mike Fox, died Jan. 13 at his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Emma-Jayne Wilson became the first female jockey to win the Queen's Plate in 148 editions when she guided 15-1 shot Mike Fox to a late-running half-length victory in the first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Thinking Out Loud, under Todd Kabel, held off a determined Pyramid Park in Thursday's $251,970 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2006 Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier