Mike Fox, the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes winner for breeder/owner D. Morgan Firestone, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Firestone Farms near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
D. Morgan Firestone, who won the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine with homebred Mike Fox, died Jan. 13 at his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Emma-Jayne Wilson became the first female jockey to win the Queen's Plate in 148 editions when she guided 15-1 shot Mike Fox to a late-running half-length victory in the first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Thinking Out Loud, under Todd Kabel, held off a determined Pyramid Park in Thursday's $251,970 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2006 Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy