Mike Fox, the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes winner for breeder/owner D. Morgan Firestone, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Firestone Farms near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
D. Morgan Firestone, who won the 2007 Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine with homebred Mike Fox, died Jan. 13 at his home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Emma-Jayne Wilson became the first female jockey to win the Queen's Plate in 148 editions when she guided 15-1 shot Mike Fox to a late-running half-length victory in the first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Thinking Out Loud, under Todd Kabel, held off a determined Pyramid Park in Thursday's $251,970 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine, a key event on the road to the 2006 Queen's Plate.
Most Popular Stories
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Willis to Chair New Mexico Racing Commission
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- That Handicapping Show: The Barbara Fritchie
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame