The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association held its 23rd annual awards banquet Aug. 2 to announce its 2007 state-bred champions. Not surprisingly, the Horse of the Year, older male, and turf runner awards went to last year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville, who is now the all-time leading accredited Oklahoma-bred runner.
The divisional champions for Oklahoma were presented at the 22nd Annual Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Awards Presentation July 28.
Martin Schwartz's heavily favored Lady of Venice stormed from last at the head of the stretch to win Monday's $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) going away under a hand ride from Garrett Gomez on a slow turf at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut