Front-running Cambiocorsa extended her winning streak to five in Friday's $134,125 Irish O'Brien on Santa Anita's hillside turf course, but the gray 4-year-old filly was fully extended to repel Somethinaboutlaura by a head in the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-breds.
Multiple grade I winner Ticker Tape ended a nine-race losing streak Thursday as the 5-year-old mare edged slightly favored Movie Star in a tense stretch duel in Santa Anita's $81,350 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
Alix M overpowered odds-on choice Bear Fan in upper stretch and drew off to a 3 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Sprint at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Mooji Moo is back to defend her Sunshine Millions title in the $300,000 Padua Stables Filly and Mare Sprint Saturday at Gulfstream Park against five rivals that include multiple grade II winner Bear Fan.
James Weigel's homebred Dream of Summer earned a hard-fought neck victory over Barbara Orr Satuday in the 6 ½-furlong Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar.
Boasting a record of five victories in seven career starts, Dream of Summer will lead a field of seven female speed burners to the post in Saturday's grade III, $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap for fillies and mares going 6 1/2 furlongs on the main track at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15