It's on to the Travers Stakes for Darley Stable's Transparent, who finished first in the July 26 Curlin Stakes for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin but was disqualified to fifth. Romansh, promoted to victory, is possible.
- By Vic Zast
Velazquez fails to overtake Bailey in career victory standings. read blog
Multiple stakes winner Street Life has been retired with a career-ending soft tissue injury to his left front pastern, Dan Hall of Hidden Brook Farm confirmed Aug. 30.
Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
- By Pete Denk
What remains of the three-year-old crop? read blog
- By Claire Novak
Claire and Pete handicap the Jim Dandy Stakes, Haskell Invitational, and Curlin Stakes. watch video
Eight 3-year-old colts and geldings hoping to step up in their division will assemble for the $100,000 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 27.
The colt was diagnosed with a condylar fracture of his left foreleg following his victory in the Aug. 1 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington