Magalen O. Bryant's V. E. Day strung three victories in a row and collected his first stakes score July 25 in the $100,000 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga Race Course, giving jockey Jose Lezcano his 2,000th career win.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Kentucky Derby runner-up Commanding Curve could make his first start since his ninth-place finish in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) in the July 25 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.
It's on to the Travers Stakes for Darley Stable's Transparent, who finished first in the July 26 Curlin Stakes for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin but was disqualified to fifth. Romansh, promoted to victory, is possible.
- By Vic Zast
Velazquez fails to overtake Bailey in career victory standings. read blog
Multiple stakes winner Street Life has been retired with a career-ending soft tissue injury to his left front pastern, Dan Hall of Hidden Brook Farm confirmed Aug. 30.
Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
- By Pete Denk
What remains of the three-year-old crop? read blog
- By Claire Novak
Claire and Pete handicap the Jim Dandy Stakes, Haskell Invitational, and Curlin Stakes. watch video
Eight 3-year-old colts and geldings hoping to step up in their division will assemble for the $100,000 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga Race Course July 27.
The colt was diagnosed with a condylar fracture of his left foreleg following his victory in the Aug. 1 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over