Florida Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association supports idea of off-track Miami casino tied to a non-profit race meeting at Gulfstream Park it believes would strengthen the industry in the state.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has adopted a memorandum of understanding with a company that plans to operate an offshore wagering hub, and it also endorsed a draft a report on pari-mutuel economics that suggests high-volume betting shops are important to the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes