Florida Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association supports idea of off-track Miami casino tied to a non-profit race meeting at Gulfstream Park it believes would strengthen the industry in the state.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has adopted a memorandum of understanding with a company that plans to operate an offshore wagering hub, and it also endorsed a draft a report on pari-mutuel economics that suggests high-volume betting shops are important to the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win