Florida Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association supports idea of off-track Miami casino tied to a non-profit race meeting at Gulfstream Park it believes would strengthen the industry in the state.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has adopted a memorandum of understanding with a company that plans to operate an offshore wagering hub, and it also endorsed a draft a report on pari-mutuel economics that suggests high-volume betting shops are important to the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory