Florida Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association supports idea of off-track Miami casino tied to a non-profit race meeting at Gulfstream Park it believes would strengthen the industry in the state.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has adopted a memorandum of understanding with a company that plans to operate an offshore wagering hub, and it also endorsed a draft a report on pari-mutuel economics that suggests high-volume betting shops are important to the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout