Florida Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association supports idea of off-track Miami casino tied to a non-profit race meeting at Gulfstream Park it believes would strengthen the industry in the state.
A recently released report on wagering trends concludes the "handle up, purses down" situation isn't new, and that "incentive wagering service providers"--rebate operations--improve the competitiveness of the pari-mutuel industry.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has adopted a memorandum of understanding with a company that plans to operate an offshore wagering hub, and it also endorsed a draft a report on pari-mutuel economics that suggests high-volume betting shops are important to the industry.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions