The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test