The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack