The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal