The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt