The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Shuttle to Australia
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Jones Ready to Try I'm a Chatterbox on Turf
- Darby Dan Back on the Derby Trail
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works