The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Equibase to Provide First-Time Gelding Info
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Shadwell Turf Mile
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash