The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam