The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity