The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win