The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority granted Ellis Park 36 live racing dates in 2006 during a special meeting Oct. 31, but denied dates to a proposed Quarter Horse and Standardbred track in the southeast region of the state.
Kentucky horsemen will have a 60-day transition period to adjust to the state's newly approved equine medication laws, which take effect Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales