Mr. and Mrs. Martin Wygod's Sweet Catomine, winner of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) and Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. II) in three career starts, is the 5-2 choice in Saturday's Breeders' Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
A large group of California-based Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships-bound horses were put through their final workouts for Racing's Championship Day at both Santa Anita and Hollywood Park Sunday morning.
Culinary, winner of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) in her last start, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 2/5 at Lone Star Park Saturday in preparation for the Oct. 30 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Sweet Catomine, who broke her maiden with a come-from-behind win in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I), figures to be the horse to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Oak Leaf (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park's Oak Tree meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes