Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) victress Princess of Sylmar and Unlimited Budget, who recently ran sixth in the June 8 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), top a quality field of five for the $300,000 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I).
Grade II winner Kauai Katie will stretch out to take on Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) also-rans Midnight Lucky and Close Hatches while those two turn back in distance in the $300,000 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) May 27 at Belmont.
Stonestreet Stables' homebred Dreaming of Julia left her connections dreaming of victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when she devastated the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 30 at Gulfstream Park by 21 3/4 lengths.
She couldn't catch Live Lively in her seasonal debut five weeks earlier, but Dreaming of Julia figures to be much tighter for their next engagement in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) March 30 at Gulfstream Park.
In a juvenile filly stakes worthy of Breeders' Cup weekend, My Happy Face nipped Cue the Moon by a neck in the $142,500 Tempted (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Cursory Glance, Gleneagles Win at Curragh