Cudney Stables homebred Lafontaine, the longest shot in a six-horse field at 18-1, charged late to overtake pacesetter Heart to Heart en route to a half-length win in the $119,710 Toronto Cup over the Woodbine turf July 20.
For the second consecutive, the selected sale of Canadian-bred yearlings resulted in a drastic decline in gross, average, and median prices.
A trio of yearlings topped the open session of the annual Canadian-Bred yearling sale, selling for $45,000 each at the Woodbine Sales Pavilion on Sept. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call