Fire the Groom, a grade 1 winner who became the producer of group 1 winner Stravinsky, died April 5 at the Hubbard family's Crystal Springs Farm in New Mexico at the age of 30
A Thoroughbred yearling colt by leading New Mexico sire Attila's Storm sold for $100,000 to top the New Mexico Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred sale Aug. 19-20 at Ruidoso Downs.
R.D. Hubbard and Connie Sczesny's Man Among Men will be sidelined for the remainder of the year after suffering an injury to his left hind ankle, trainer Gary Mandella said.
Three tracts from R.D. Hubbard's Crystal Springs Farm yearling division outside Paris, Ky., were sold at absolute auction April 26 for a total of $1,789,520.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night