Brethren and Winslow Homer are new to the Central Florida farm's 13-stallion roster.
Brethren, a graded stakes-winning half brother to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Super Saver, has retired to stud at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Son of Unbridled's Song out of graded stakes winner Summer Raven (by Summer Squall) retired, will stand at Brent and Crytal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Owner of Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla., home of first-crop sire Wildcat Heir who has a record 39 2-year-old winners in his first crop.
Wildcat Heir, who was fast enough to win the six-furlong Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) in 2004, is getting off to a fast start as a stallion in 2009. As of July 17, there were already 11 winners in the first crop sired by the 9-year-old Forest Wildcat horse, which stands at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
Grade I winner Circular Quay, a 4-year-old son of leading sire Thunder Gulch, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2009 breeding season at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Gross revenue holds steady as OBS winter mixed sale opens in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds