The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium enjoyed a robust opening day May 18.
After facing the best 3-year-old fillies in the country in races like the Kentucky Oaks and Ashland (both gr. I), Wait a While moves back to the turf in Saturday's $100,000 Sands Point (gr. IIIT) at nine furlongs at Belmont Park.
She's An Eleven is among the likely favorites for Friday's $250,000 Woodford Reserve Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico.
Unbeaten How True It Is, a $450,000 2-year-old purchase last February who won both her starts at Gulfstream Park for trainer Joe Orseno, could be the one to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
A royally-bred A.P. Indy -- Dream Supreme filly brought the highest bid of $2,395,000 at Tuesday's Keeneland juvenile auction. But she was bought back by her breeder, George Steinbrenner's Kinsman Farm.
Bushfire, under John Velazquez, shook off a last-place trip in the Davona Dale stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on Feb. 4 and scored a three-quarter length victory in the $200,000 Florida Oaks for 3-year-old fillies on Saturday.
Bushfire, under John Velazquez, shook off a last-place trip in the Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 4 and scored a three-quarter length victory in the $200,000 Florida Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at Tampa Bay Downs on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory