Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, fifth as the 2-1 favorite in the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, is scheduled to undergo surgery Nov. 7 to remove an undescended testicle.
As Funny Cide continues in his pursuit of the Triple Crown, it is bringing to the fore the question of why some horses are gelded and others are not. Dr. Larry Bramlage, on-call veterinarian for the American Association of Equine Practitioners, sheds light on the subject.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- ARCI Schedules Two Town Hall Meetings