Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, fifth as the 2-1 favorite in the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, is scheduled to undergo surgery Nov. 7 to remove an undescended testicle.
As Funny Cide continues in his pursuit of the Triple Crown, it is bringing to the fore the question of why some horses are gelded and others are not. Dr. Larry Bramlage, on-call veterinarian for the American Association of Equine Practitioners, sheds light on the subject.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support