Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, fifth as the 2-1 favorite in the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, is scheduled to undergo surgery Nov. 7 to remove an undescended testicle.
As Funny Cide continues in his pursuit of the Triple Crown, it is bringing to the fore the question of why some horses are gelded and others are not. Dr. Larry Bramlage, on-call veterinarian for the American Association of Equine Practitioners, sheds light on the subject.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly