Gus Schickedanz's Marlang led from gate to wire in the $488,745 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3 to capture the turf jewel of Canada's Triple Crown.
Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Deputiformer rallied from 11th place after three-quarters and used a determined stretch drive to nip favored Cryptonite Kid by a neck in the $250,000 Cup And Saucer Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 14, a 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds on the turf.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge