Gus Schickedanz's Marlang led from gate to wire in the $488,745 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3 to capture the turf jewel of Canada's Triple Crown.
Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Deputiformer rallied from 11th place after three-quarters and used a determined stretch drive to nip favored Cryptonite Kid by a neck in the $250,000 Cup And Saucer Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 14, a 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds on the turf.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star