Gus Schickedanz's Marlang led from gate to wire in the $488,745 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3 to capture the turf jewel of Canada's Triple Crown.
Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Deputiformer rallied from 11th place after three-quarters and used a determined stretch drive to nip favored Cryptonite Kid by a neck in the $250,000 Cup And Saucer Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 14, a 1 1/16-mile event for 2-year-olds on the turf.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand