Fred High, making his third attempt in the rich West Virginia Breeders' Classic Stakes, upended previous winners Russell Road and Lucy's Bob Boy to post a mild upset at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races Oct. 19.
Stephen E. Quick's 7-5 favorite Lexi Star led virtually from the start to win the $86,400 Maryland Racing Media Handicap for fillies and mares at Laurel Park Saturday.
Tamweel, a solid second in the Overbrook Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 10, got some solid exercise over the track at Lone Star Park Thursday morning and is geared up for the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Grade II winner Crypto Star was represented by his first winner
Growing up in the Ninth Ward of New Orleans, Wayne Catalano learned early to fight for what he wanted. It was the kind of neighborhood where you didn't back down. "Life started out hard for me," Catalano said. "My mother raised five kids by herself. We weren't exactly what you call rich."
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan