Ronald DiCicilia (Cilio), who operated Crown's Way Farm in Illinois and Crown's Way South in Ocala, Fla., died Oct. 8 in Itsaca, Ill., at age 78.
House of Grace caught Smart Seattle at the wire to register a nose victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes, which was taken off the turf and transferred to Keeneland's Polytrack Oct. 15 at the rain-slickened Lexington track.
Out of My Way came from just off the pace to capture Saturday's $100,000 Arlington Sprint by three lengths.
Veteran Arlington Park trainer Gene Cilio celebrated his 74th birthday twice Friday when he took the last two races of the day for Crown's Way Farm with Lil' Joe in the eighth and Octagon in the ninth.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night