Crossing The Line, a New Zealand import who was a grade II winner at Del Mar, has been retired from racing at age 10
Crossing the Line, sidelined after winning the Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), is gearing up for a return at the races at the upcoming Hollywood Park spring/summer meet, which gets under way April 23.
Crossing The Line came into the $400,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT) with only two races under his belt on American soil, both of them allowance victories at Hollywood Park. But in his first career graded stakes try, the 5-year-old gelding showed a finishing kick that would make even the best American-turfer envious, blowing by a host of rivals in the stretch to steal a victory in near record-breaking fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives