Crossing The Line, a New Zealand import who was a grade II winner at Del Mar, has been retired from racing at age 10
Crossing the Line, sidelined after winning the Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), is gearing up for a return at the races at the upcoming Hollywood Park spring/summer meet, which gets under way April 23.
Crossing The Line came into the $400,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT) with only two races under his belt on American soil, both of them allowance victories at Hollywood Park. But in his first career graded stakes try, the 5-year-old gelding showed a finishing kick that would make even the best American-turfer envious, blowing by a host of rivals in the stretch to steal a victory in near record-breaking fashion.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil