Dubawi had just the one representative in Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, and demand for the sire's progeny remained high.
Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' premier yearling sales ended its two-session run Aug. 30 in England with a decline of less than 1% in its gross revenue.
The filly and colt each bring 300,000 euros ($404,034 in U.S. funds) during the Ireland-based yearling auction.
A son of champion stallion Galileo was sold for 550,000 guineas to top the opening day of Europe's premier yearling sale, the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale Book 1.
Part one of the Goffs Orby yearling sale in Ireland ended Sept. 30 in Ireland with an 11.1% increase in median price from 2008 and a 6.7% loss in average price. This year, there were two sessions in part one of the auction -- down from three last year -- and the sale's gross dropped 31.5%, in part because fewer horses were offered and sold.
A Royal Applause colt topped the opening session of Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' St. Leger yearling auction bringing Ã‚Â£120,000 ($197,765 in U.S. funds) Aug. 25 in England. BBA Ireland's Eamon Reilly purchased the bay yearling for Mark Gittins, outlasting Richard O'Gorman in the bidding.
A Danehill Dancer colt out of Littleton Arwen brings a sale record price of 190,000 guineas at the Tattersalls February mixed sale Thursday in England.
A buoyant day one of Tattersalls' mixed July Sale was topped by 3-year-old Mermaid Island -- a half sister to group I Irish One Thousand Guineas winner Nightime -- who made 290,000 guineas when sold to Irish agent Hugo Merry, acting for Dean Fleming's Tyreel Stud in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders