The wire came just in time for the veteran Boule d'Or, a recent $50,000 claim by trainer Jeff Mullins who stole the $200,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) with a well-timed ride from jockey Tyler Baze on the Santa Anita turf March 22.
Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports reported that the Japan Bloodstock Breeders' Association has purchased dual classic winner Tabasco Cat for stallion duty for $7 million and will stand the 9-year-old son of Storm Cat at the organization's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan