The wire came just in time for the veteran Boule d'Or, a recent $50,000 claim by trainer Jeff Mullins who stole the $200,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) with a well-timed ride from jockey Tyler Baze on the Santa Anita turf March 22.
Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports reported that the Japan Bloodstock Breeders' Association has purchased dual classic winner Tabasco Cat for stallion duty for $7 million and will stand the 9-year-old son of Storm Cat at the organization's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze