The wire came just in time for the veteran Boule d'Or, a recent $50,000 claim by trainer Jeff Mullins who stole the $200,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) with a well-timed ride from jockey Tyler Baze on the Santa Anita turf March 22.
Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports reported that the Japan Bloodstock Breeders' Association has purchased dual classic winner Tabasco Cat for stallion duty for $7 million and will stand the 9-year-old son of Storm Cat at the organization's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2