California trainer John Sadler sent Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) winner Candy Boy through his final major preparations for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) April 26 at Churchill Downs.
The Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), over the straight six furlongs of the Nad Al Sheba track, was expected to be won by an American horse, and so it proved. But very few predicted the winner. Cajun Beat, winner of the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was a warm favorite but could manage only fourth behind compatriots Our New Recruit and Alke.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up