California trainer John Sadler sent Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) winner Candy Boy through his final major preparations for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) April 26 at Churchill Downs.
The Golden Shaheen (UAE-I), over the straight six furlongs of the Nad Al Sheba track, was expected to be won by an American horse, and so it proved. But very few predicted the winner. Cajun Beat, winner of the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was a warm favorite but could manage only fourth behind compatriots Our New Recruit and Alke.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017