The Kentucky Auditor's Office has released reports that show the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority needs stronger financial management and accountability.
- By Tom LaMarra
Though the old Kentucky Racing Commission has been called "messy and sloppily run," with lax management and a disregard for standard business practices, the organization did nothing that calls for involvement by law enforcement agencies, according to an audit report released June 22.
The results of an audit into operations of the old Kentucky Racing Commission will be released June 22 at the state capitol in Frankfort.
On Wednesday Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher requested state auditor Crit Luallen to review policies and procedures by the former Kentucky Racing Commission, which he disbanded in January.
Most Popular Stories
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound