The Kentucky Auditor's Office has released reports that show the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority needs stronger financial management and accountability.
- By Tom LaMarra
Though the old Kentucky Racing Commission has been called "messy and sloppily run," with lax management and a disregard for standard business practices, the organization did nothing that calls for involvement by law enforcement agencies, according to an audit report released June 22.
The results of an audit into operations of the old Kentucky Racing Commission will be released June 22 at the state capitol in Frankfort.
On Wednesday Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher requested state auditor Crit Luallen to review policies and procedures by the former Kentucky Racing Commission, which he disbanded in January.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes