Cristina Patino's Snow Fairy, a 6-year-old daughter of Intikhab who won six group I races in four different countries, has been retired.
English and Irish multiple champion Snow Fairy has tested positive for anti-inflammatory medication and as a result was disqualified from her victory in the Aug. 19 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Snow Fairy turned in yet another superb performance as she put away Nathaniel in the final furlong to win the $969,000 Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
Snow Fairy followed up her victory in the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) with a scintillating performance in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 18, powering home to win by eight lengths.
Snow Fairy justified the decision made by her connections to supplement her by weaving her way through the field to win the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck over Meeznah at Epsom June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen