Cristina Patino's Snow Fairy, a 6-year-old daughter of Intikhab who won six group I races in four different countries, has been retired.
English and Irish multiple champion Snow Fairy has tested positive for anti-inflammatory medication and as a result was disqualified from her victory in the Aug. 19 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Snow Fairy turned in yet another superb performance as she put away Nathaniel in the final furlong to win the $969,000 Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
Snow Fairy followed up her victory in the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) with a scintillating performance in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 18, powering home to win by eight lengths.
Snow Fairy justified the decision made by her connections to supplement her by weaving her way through the field to win the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck over Meeznah at Epsom June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge