Cristina Patino's Snow Fairy, a 6-year-old daughter of Intikhab who won six group I races in four different countries, has been retired.
English and Irish multiple champion Snow Fairy has tested positive for anti-inflammatory medication and as a result was disqualified from her victory in the Aug. 19 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Snow Fairy turned in yet another superb performance as she put away Nathaniel in the final furlong to win the $969,000 Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
Snow Fairy followed up her victory in the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) with a scintillating performance in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 18, powering home to win by eight lengths.
Snow Fairy justified the decision made by her connections to supplement her by weaving her way through the field to win the Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck over Meeznah at Epsom June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2