Led by two-time grade I winner Evening Jewel, a field of 10 sophomore fillies was entered in $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) July 25 at Del Mar.
An eye-catching winner of the Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) in her last start, Tanda bids for her third consecutive victory May 9 in the $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Tanda, the longest shot in the field, got a dream run at the rail through the stretch to dominate the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 28.
La Nez makes her first start in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) March 28 since finishing third to major Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) contenders Caracortado and Alphie's Bet three months ago.
Rebounding from a 10th-place finish in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Bickersons took the field nearly all the way in winning the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record