Led by two-time grade I winner Evening Jewel, a field of 10 sophomore fillies was entered in $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) July 25 at Del Mar.
An eye-catching winner of the Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) in her last start, Tanda bids for her third consecutive victory May 9 in the $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Tanda, the longest shot in the field, got a dream run at the rail through the stretch to dominate the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 28.
La Nez makes her first start in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) March 28 since finishing third to major Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) contenders Caracortado and Alphie's Bet three months ago.
Rebounding from a 10th-place finish in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Bickersons took the field nearly all the way in winning the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job